Groundwater may become contaminated from a wide variety of sources which may present a risk to human health and / or the environment. Alpha Environmental provides accurate and detailed groundwater testing and analysis for a wide variety of land development, government, commercial and industrial clients.
Our range of Groundwater related services include:
- Environmental Site Assessment (ESA) / Detailed Site Investigation (DSI)
- Development of Detailed Hydrogeological Conceptual Models
- Groundwater Contamination Assessment for Statutory Environmental Audit
- Groundwater Monitoring Well Installation and Commissioning
- LNAPL and DNAPL Assessment
- Water Quality Assessment (i.e. Trade Waste Agreement/Sewer Discharge)
- Long Term Groundwater Monitoring Program Implementation and Management
- Remediation Options and Technology Assessment
- Remediation Implementation and Management
- Contaminant Fate and Transport Assessment
- Hydraulic Testing and Analysis
- Clean Up to the Extent Practicable Assessment and Management
- Vapour Sampling and Assessment
- Groundwater Quality Management Plans
Whatever the reason, Alpha Environmental’s expert staff can assist you with a tailored, cost effective solution to satisfy your needs.
A full groundwater is not always required; particularly if an onsite source of groundwater contamination is not present at your site. In these cases a Desktop Hydrogeological Study can be undertaken in line with EPA Publication 668 Hydrogeological Assessment.
Desktop assessments may be useful to:
- Provide an understanding of groundwater use and quality in the vicinity of your site
- Develop a basic understanding of the groundwater flow direction and aquifer type at your site
- Document the potential risk of groundwater pollution/contamination occurring at your site based on historical and desktop information.
Should a potential source of groundwater contamination be identified then an intrusive assessment may need to be undertaken. This will involve the installation, survey and sampling of the wells to assess groundwater quality beneath your site. Depending on the nature and extent of identified contamination, groundwater remediation may be required.
Alpha Environmental has the experience and expertise to guide you through the groundwater assessment process.